The ALPR Manager role manages and controls the patrol vehicle software (Genetec Patroller™), Sharp cameras, and parking zones. The ALPR Manager stores the ALPR data (reads, hits, timestamps, GPS coordinates, and so on) collected by the devices.
Multiple instances of this role can be created on the system to provide scalability and partitioning. For example, different fleets of patrol vehicles can be managed by different ALPR Managers.
ALPR Manager root folder
The root folder is the main folder on the computer hosting the ALPR Manager. It is where all the configuration files are created, saved, and exchanged between the ALPR Manager and the Genetec Patroller™ units it manages.
- Contains the configuration and data files to transfer to Genetec Patroller™ manually using a USB key or similar device.
- Contains the ALPR data offloaded by Genetec Patroller™.
- Contains the delta files used by Security Center to transfer hotlist and permit list changes. Do not copy or move anything in this folder.
ALPR data management
The ALPR data is managed by the ALPR Manager role and by the Archiver role. Both roles work in tandem. If the Archiver cannot store the images (for example, when the disks are full), the ALPR Manager stops storing the ALPR metadata, and the Genetec Patroller™ installations and fixed Sharp units that are controlled by the ALPR Manager temporarily store the data locally until the problem is resolved.
- ALPR Manager:
- The ALPR metadata (reads, hits, timestamps, Genetec Patroller™ positions, and so on) are stored by the ALPR Manager role in a SQL Server database.
- If you have many ALPR Manager roles in your system, they can all be linked to the same Archiver role.
- The ALPR images (captured by context cameras, ALPR cameras, and wheel imaging cameras) associated to the reads and hits are stored in the file system by an Archiver role.
- The Archiver role follows the data retention periods configured for the ALPR Manager.