The Mobile Server role provides Security Center access on mobile devices.
If your license supports mobile devices (Number of mobile devices > 0), the Mobile Server and Media Gateway roles are created by default after you install Security Center on the main server.
You can create multiple Mobile Server roles on your system. The Genetec™ Mobile app connects to the Mobile Server using a unique URL.
The format of the URL is host:port/web address, where host is the IP address or hostname of the server hosting the Mobile Server role, port is HTTPS port 443 by default, and web address is Mobile by default.
Mobile Server setup scenariosYou can configure the following setup scenarios for the Mobile Server:
- Single role on a single server
- This is the default setup, ready to be deployed immediately after installation.
- Single role on multiple servers
- Use this setup to support role failover and load balancing. Load balancing for Mobile Server is based on the number of client connections and media sessions handled by each server.
- Multiple roles on multiple servers
- Use this scenario if you want to implement network segmentation. For security purposes, you might create one mobile access point on your intranet and another on the Internet. If your mobile users are scattered around the world, you might create one Mobile Server role for each relevant country or continent to boost your system performance. You can assign each role to one or multiple servers.