The Privilege troubleshooter is a tool that helps you investigate the allocation of user privileges in your Security Center system.
The actions available to users in Security Center are controlled by many privileges, which can be defined for individual users or inherited from user groups. The Privilege troubleshooter examines the allocation of privileges in your system, helping you to verify user permissions and fix issues.
- Who has permission to work with a selected entity
- What privileges are granted to selected users or groups
- Who has been granted a privilege, has access to a specific entity, or both
About using the tool
You can open the Privilege troubleshooter from the Tools menu in Config Tool if you have the following privileges:
- View user properties
- View user group properties
The tool opens in a separate window that is divided into three views in which you can investigate entities, users, or privileges.
- The Export button is only visible if you have the Print/export reports privilege.
- If you filter the results using the search bar, only the visible results are exported.
- The exported data cannot be used as part of a scheduled task or a hot action.
- When there are more than 2000 results, only the CSV format is supported.
The Entity view shows which users or user groups have sufficient privileges to view, modify, add, or delete the selected entity. If the entity is in a specific partition, these users also have access to the entity.
The User view shows the full allocation of privileges to a selected user or group.
The Privilege view shows which users or groups have been granted a selected privilege, have access to a selected entity, or both.