(Only visible to users with the Task privileges > Administration > Access control > General settings privilege) This section lists the settings found on the General settings page in the Access control task.
The General settings page in the Access control task lets you configure the general settings pertaining to access control, and to install and configure custom card formats.
- Trigger event ‘Entity is expiring soon’
- Turn this option on (default=off) to have Security Center generate the Entity is expiring soon event n days before a cardholder or a credential expires, which can trigger an action to warn someone about the upcoming expiry.
- Create incident before door state override
- Turn this option on (default=off) to prompt the Security Desk user to report an incident every time they lock or unlock a door manually, or override the unlock schedule assigned to the door.
- Card request reasons
- Add reasons that users can choose from to explain why they are requesting a credential card to be printed (for example, no printer on site).
- Maximum picture file size
- Set the maximum file size (default=20 KB) for pictures (such as a cardholder picture) stored in the Directory database to save disk space.
- Custom card formats
- Lists the custom card formats defined in your system, and allows you to add, delete, or modify them.
- Mobile credential providers
- Lists the mobile credential providers and profiles defined in your system, and allows you to add, delete, or modify them.