You can add alarms to your maps to allow Security Desk operators to monitor and manage alarms from maps.
Before you begin
- Create the map where you want to add your alarms.
- Make sure you have alarms in your Security Center system.
What you should know
- Add a map object, such as a door, that is attached to an alarm.
- Link an alarm to a custom shape on the map.
- Add an alarm object to the map.
During an active alarm, an alarm notification bubble is displayed above the map object associated with the alarm. These notification bubbles show alarms on the map and lets Security Desk operators investigate, acknowledge, snooze, or forward the alarm, and review the alarm procedure.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Map designer task.
Select a recent map or click Browse all maps to open an
The selected map fills the Map designer workspace.
In the toolbar, click Alarms (), select the alarm you want to add, and drag
it to where you want it to be on the map.
The widgets for configuring the map object appear in the right panel. The map object always takes on the identity of the entity it represents.
- In the Map designer toolbar, click Save ().