To make sure an area is secure, add the doors to the area in Config Tool.
Create the areas that you want to link doors to.
Before you begin
Doors that are members of an area can be configured as Captive or Perimeter doors. Perimeter doors are used to enter and exit an area, and help to control access. Captive doors are doors that are used within the area. Set the door sides correctly to ensure that People counting and antipassback are properly tracked. A door’s Entrance and Exit sides are relative to the area being configured.
What you should know
NOTE: Access rules configured for an area only apply to perimeter doors. All rules that deny access take precedence over the rules that grant access.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select an area and then click the Properties tab.
- In the Doors section, click Add an item () and select the doors that you want to link to your area.
For all doors in the Doors section, configure the door type:
- If the door is used to enter or exit the area, set the slider to Perimeter.
- If the door is located inside the area, set the slider to
Captive.NOTE: If a smaller area is nested inside a larger area, you do not need to add the perimeter doors of the smaller area as captive doors of the larger area. The system automatically organizes nested areas when calculating people counts and applying antipassback rules.
- To swap the door sides, select the door and click Swap door side.
- Click Apply.
To control access to your secured area, apply access rules to the area.