For the maps that you create to be interactive, you must add map objects to the maps.
What you should know
- Map objects are graphical representations of Security Center entities or geographical features, such as cities, highways, rivers, and so on, on your maps. With map objects, you can interact with your system without leaving your map.
- If you are creating a map that shares cameras or other entities with another map, you can copy and paste the entities and their configurations from one map to another.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Map designer task.
Select a recent map or click Browse all maps to open an
The selected map fills the Map designer workspace.
Do one of the following:
- Add an access control unit.
- Add an area.
- Add a door.
- Add a reader.
- Add a camera.
- Add a camera sequence.
- Add a layout.
- Add a parking zone.
- Add a fixed ALPR camera.
- Add an alarm.
- Add an intrusion detection area.
- Adding an intrusion detection unit and its related entities.
- Add a zone.
- Add an input pin.
- Add an output relay.
- Add a KML object.
- Add a macro.
- Add a point of interest.
View and test your map objects in Security Desk with the Maps task.