To obscure license plate numbers, or exclude plate, context, or wheel images from reads and hits that are received in Security Center from a specific hotlist, you can set the hotlist as private.
Before you begin
You must obtain a special DLL file from Genetec Inc. For more information, contact your Genetec Inc. representative.
What you should know
If you add privacy settings to a hotlist, Security Center keeps the ALPR data (for example, plate numbers, GPS coordinates, date/time, and so on), but disassociates that data from the hotlist that generated the hit. For example, if Genetec Patroller™ generates a hit from a hotlist called "StateWideFelons", you can keep all the ALPR data on that hit, but you won't be able to see that the matched license plate was on the "StateWideFelons" hotlist.
The privacy settings of specific hotlists take precedence over the global privacy settings configured at the ALPR Manager level. However, it is best practice to turn off all the privacy settings at the ALPR Manager level to avoid conflicts.
- Copy the DLL file you received from Genetec Inc. to the Security Center root folder (for example, C:\Program Files\Genetec Security Center 5.9).
Restart the Directory role from Server
Admin, as follows:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the address bar, type http://server IP address:port/Genetec and press Enter.
- Log on to Server Admin.
- Under Directory status, click Restart.
- From the Config Tool home page, click .
- Under Privacy, turn OFF all the settings.
- Click Apply.
- From the home page, click
Select the hotlist that you want to make private, and then click the
In the Logical ID field, enter the value 5000.
This marks the hotlist, and tells Security Center to make the ALPR data private.
- Click Apply.
After you finish
Repeat for as many hotlists as you want.