Once new units have been discovered, you can use the Unit enrollment tool to add them to your system.
- From the home page, click .
There are three ways to add newly discovered units:
You can also add a unit manually, by clicking the Manual add button at the bottom of the Unit enrollment tool dialog box.NOTE:
- Add all the new discovered units at the same time by clicking the Add all () button at the lower right side of the dialog box.
- Click on a single unit in the list, then click Add in the Status column
- Right-click a single unit from the list and click Add or Add
When a video unit does not have the correct username and password, the Status for the unit will be listed as Bad logon and you will be prompted to enter the correct information when you add the unit. If you want to use the same username and password for all the cameras on your system, select the Save as default authentication for all manufacturers option.
- For video units, if the added camera is an encoder with multiple streams available, each stream is added with the Camera - n string appended to the camera name, n representing the stream number. For an IP camera with only one stream available, the camera name is not modified.
- If you are adding a SharpV, by default, the camera units include a self-signed certificate that uses the common name of the SharpV (for example, SharpV12345). To add the SharpV to the Archiver, you must generate a new certificate (signed or self-signed) that uses the camera’s IP address instead of the common name. For more information on encrypting the connection to the SharpV Portal using a self-signed certificate, see the AutoVu™ Handbook for SharpV Fixed Installations.