You can use the Camera recording page to configure the default recording settings applied to all cameras associated to the Auxiliary Archiver role. Recording settings defined on the Recording page of individual cameras supersede the settings defined on the Camera recording page of the Auxiliary Archiver.
- Video stream
- Select the default video stream that the Auxiliary Archiver should record for each camera. The video streams are configured for each individual camera.
- Recording modes
- Apply different recording modes on different schedules.
- Records continuously. Recording cannot be stopped by the user ().
- Records when triggered manually by a user. In this mode, the Record
button in Security
Desk appears in
one of the following ways:
- Grey () when the Auxiliary Archiver is not recording
- Red () when the Auxiliary Archiver is recording
- Recording is specified by a custom schedule.CAUTION:Recording schedules of the same type (for example, two daily schedules) cannot overlap, regardless of the recording mode configured for each. When a scheduling conflict occurs, the Archiver and the video units are displayed in yellow in the entity browser and they issue entity warning messages.
- Recording is off (), even when an alarm is triggered.
- Automatic cleanup
- Specifies a retention period for recorded video (in days). Video archives older than this period are deleted.
- (Optional) Show advanced settings
- Click to configure the advanced recording settings.
- Record audio
- Switch ON to record audio with your video. A microphone entity
must be attached to your cameras.NOTE: It is not necessary for the attached devices to belong to the same unit as the video encoder. However, for audio recording to work, ensure that the microphone belongs to a unit managed by the same Archiver, with the same Archiver extension, as the video encoder.
- Record metadata
- Switch ON to record metadata with your video.
- Time to record before an event
- Use the slider to set the durantion (in seconds) recorded before an event. This buffer is saved whenever the recording starts, ensuring that whatever prompted the recording is also captured on video.
- Time to record after a motion
- Use the slider to set the durantion (in seconds) recorded after a motion event. During this time, the user cannot stop the recording.
- Default manual recording length
- Use the slider to select the duration (in minutes) the recording lasts when it is started manually by a user, or when the Start recording action is triggered.