To adjust how license plates captured by Sharp are matched to license plates in a hotlist or permit list, you must configure the ALPR matcher logic.
Before you begin
What you should know
You configure ALPR matcher settings in the MatcherSettings.xml file, and then apply your changes in Server Admin and the Server Admin console.
The overtime matcher is used as an example, but the same steps apply to all the matchers in the XML file.
- On the computer hosting the Security Center Directory role, open Windows Explorer and then go to C:\Program Files\Genetec Security Center 5.9.
- Open MatcherSettings.xml in Notepad or a similar text editor.
Add or remove OCR equivalent characters from the list.
The default OCR equivalent characters are listed between the
</OCR>tags. Add new
<Equivalent>____</Equivalent>lines, or delete the lines you do not want.
Specify the number of character differences you want to allow.
PerLengthSettingline that applies to the plates in your region. For example, Quebec plates typically have six or seven characters, so edit the
NumberOfDifferencesAllowedvalue in the sixth and seventh
PerLengthSettinglines.NOTE: A value of “0” turns the setting off.
Specify the number of OCR equivalent characters you want to allow by editing the
NumberOCREquiAllowedvalue. This turns on OCR equivalence.NOTE: A value of “0” turns the setting off.
(Overtime only) Specify the number of common and contiguous characters.
For common characters, edit the
NecessaryCommonLengthvalue. For contiguous characters, edit the
- Save and close the text editor.
Apply the ALPR matcher settings in Server
Admin, as follows:
- From a web browser, open Server Admin typing http://<server>/genetec.
- From the Servers section on the Overview page, select the server that hosts the Directory role.
- Next to the server name, click .
- Click the Commands tab.
- Clear the User commands only checkbox.
From the list of commands, click
- Close Server Admin.
Restart the Security Center Directory role, as follows:
From a web browser, open Server
Click Directory and select
- After the Directory restarts, close Server Admin.
- From a web browser, open Server Admin typing