To encode MIFARE DESFire key cards or re-encode cards that were configured with a third-party production tool, you must create the configuration in Config Tool.
Make sure that your Security Center license supports MIFARE DESFire configuration.
Before you begin
MIFARE DESFire EV1/EV2 is a 128-bit, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-based protocol for which the customer defines the keys.
What you should know
- Open the MIFARE DESFire configuration task.
- Below the MIFARE DESFire configuration list, click Add an item ().
- In the dialog box that opens, enter a name for the configuration you are creating.
Do one of the following:
- To enable Security Center to recognize a pre-encoded card, enter a name into the Configuration name field, then complete the fields to match the card.
- To encode a new card or re-encode an existing card, select the Card
encoding checkbox, then set the values for your new
configuration.NOTE: Enabling Card encoding opens three options for the kind of configuration file you will create.
If you are encoding or re-encoding a card, select an option:
- Format card: Delete all information on the card before creating an application.
- Update the app master key: Change the master key of the application on the card.
- Free create: Enable the creation of applications even when the card master key is unknown.
Click OK, then click Save.
If you have multiple configurations in the MIFARE DESFire configurations list, selecting a configuration activates it.
(Optional) Click Read mode and badge a key card to verify the
Cards that match the active configuration are read properly; badging a card that uses a different configuration than the one you selected returns a failed read.
(Optional) Encode or re-encode a card:
The card is encoded or re-encoded to match the active configuration.
- Select a configuration from the MIFARE DESFire configuration list.
- Click Write mode.
- Badge a card.
Export the configurations to a SmartCardsSites.xml file:
- Click Export and save the SmartCardsSites.xml file to your local hard drive.
Log on to the Synergis™ Appliance Portal and upload
the SmartCardsSites.xml file to your Synergis™ unit.
For more information, see Configuring MIFARE DESFire in Synergis™ Softwire 5.9.
- Copy the SmartCardsSites.xml file to the Security Center installation folder of each workstation being used to configure MIFARE DESFire credentials.