For optimal performance, configure your access control unit settings after they have been added in Security Center.
Security Center provides default settings; however, it is recommended that you carefully go through the configuration of each entity in order to get the best results.
What you should know
HID and Synergis™ units have different capabilities, therefore different configuration requirements. For information about configuration requirements for Synergis™ units, see Preparing to configure Synergis™ units.
Tip: To save time configuring your access control units, you can configure one, and then copy the settings they have in common to the rest of the units.
- Open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- Select the access control unit (HID or Synergis™) to configure, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Properties tab, do one of the following:
- Configure the wiring of entities controlled by this unit:
Click the Peripherals tab of the access control unit.
This is where you configure the properties of the peripherals attached to the unit, such as the reader type and the input contact type. Validate your wiring configuration and give meaningful names to the devices if necessary.
(HID units only) Select the Synchronization tab, and choose how often you want
to synchronize the unit:
- This is the recommended setting.
Any configuration change is sent to the access control unit 15 seconds after the change is saved by the Config Tool, Web Client or Security Desk. Only configurations that affect that particular unit are sent.
- The unit is synchronized daily, at the specified times.
- The unit is synchronized weekly, at the specified day and time.
- The unit is only synchronized when you click Synchronize
Make sure you synchronize the unit before the configuration expires.
- Click Apply.