To ensure that audio is properly captured in Security Center, video units must use a compatible audio codec.
What you should know
- Security Center supports the following audio codecs: G.711, G.721, G.723, AAC (8 kHz or 16 kHz).
- Security Center supports mono and stereo audio signals. These signals must be from a single source and encoded with one of our supported codecs.
- Security Center does not support two independent mono signals and cannot mix them to create a stereo signal. Mixing two microphone signals to get left and right channel for stereo must be performed by an audio mixer. The mixed audio then becomes a single source that outputs a stereo signal. This signal must be encoded with a support codec before being imported into Security Center.
- A single soundtrack can be associated to multiple cameras, but multiple soundtracks cannot be associated to one single camera.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- Select the video unit to configure, then click the Peripherals tab.
Double-click on the video unit's Microphone and select an audio
codec from the Data format dropdown list.
NOTE: The Data format dropdown only displays codecs that are supported by the selected video unit.
- Click Apply.