You can use the Camera recording tab to configure the recording settings for all cameras controlled by an Auxiliary Archiver.
If you use multiple disk groups for archive storage, temporarily set the recording mode to OFF, and then re-enable it at the end of the process to avoid creating video files on the wrong disk group.
Before you begin
What you should know
- The recording settings of cameras affect your disk space.
- Recording settings defined in the Recording tab of an individual camera supersede the settings defined on the Camera recording tab of the Auxiliary Archiver.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- Select the Auxiliary Archiver to configure, and click the Camera recording tab.
- From the Video stream drop-down list, select the default video stream that the Auxiliary Archiver should record for each camera. The video streams are configured for each camera.
From the Recording modes drop-down list, select one of the
following recording modes:
- Records continuously. Recording cannot be stopped by the user ().
- Records when triggered manually by a user. In this mode, the Record
button in Security
Desk appears in
one of the following ways:
- Grey () when the Auxiliary Archiver is not recording
- Red () when the Auxiliary Archiver is recording
- Recording is specified by a custom schedule.CAUTION:Recording schedules of the same type (for example, two daily schedules) cannot overlap, regardless of the recording mode configured for each. When a scheduling conflict occurs, the Archiver and the video units are displayed in yellow in the entity browser and they issue entity warning messages.
- Recording is off (), even when an alarm is triggered.
- Enable Automatic cleanup and specify a retention period for recorded video (in days). Video archives older than this period are deleted.
(Optional) Click Show advanced settings and configure the
- Record audio
- Switch ON to record audio with your video. A microphone entity
must be attached to your cameras.NOTE: It is not necessary for the attached devices to belong to the same unit as the video encoder. However, for audio recording to work, ensure that the microphone belongs to a unit managed by the same Archiver, with the same Archiver extension, as the video encoder.
- Record metadata
- Switch ON to record metadata with your video.
- Time to record before an event
- Use the slider to set the durantion (in seconds) recorded before an event. This buffer is saved whenever the recording starts, ensuring that whatever prompted the recording is also captured on video.
- Time to record after a motion
- Use the slider to set the durantion (in seconds) recorded after a motion event. During this time, the user cannot stop the recording.
- Default manual recording length
- Use the slider to select the duration (in minutes) the recording lasts when it is started manually by a user, or when the Start recording action is triggered.
- Click Apply.