To monitor whether or not your doors have locked correctly, you must configure additional connections for your door entities.
If you have a door lock configured without a lock sensor, the door lock only indicates the intended lock state, not the physical lock state. To receive the Door unsecured and Door secured events, a door lock and door sensor must be configured alongside the lock sensor.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the door entity to configure, and click the Hardware tab.
- Map the physical wiring of a door to a door entity.
- In the Additional connections section, assign the output for the Door lock.
- Assign the input for the Door sensor.
- Click Add connection (), and select Lock sensor.
- Assign the input for the Lock sensor.
- Click Apply.