For systems that have many video sequences configured, the Activity trails report can be extremely large due to the number of camera connections and disconnections. You can reduce the size of the report by configuring the system to only log the connections and disconnections of camera sequences.
What you should know
- By default, logging is enabled for all connections and disconnections by all cameras and camera sequences. If the Activity trails report size is manageable using this default, then it is not necessary to modify this configuration.
- If you disable Activity trail on sequences, the camera connection changes inside a sequence are not logged; only the camera sequence connections and disconnections are logged.
- This configuration change applies only to the workstation on which the file is modified.
- In a text editor, open the file GeneralSettings.gconfig found in the ConfigurationFiles folder under the Security Center installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.9\).
<mediaPlayer>node and modify it to
<mediaPlayer IsActivityTrailEnabledOnSequence="true">, as required.
Save your changes and close the file.
The new configuration takes effect immediately.
- Repeat the procedure for other workstations, as required.