You must configure the attributes of a hotlist or permit in Security Center the way it is written in its source text file, so Genetec Patroller™ can parse the information in the list.
What you should know
- There cannot be any spaces within an attribute name.
- Hotlist and permit list text file must include the Category, and PlateNumber fields (attributes). These are mandatory fields, and they cannot be deleted.
From the Config
Tool home page, do one of
If you are configuring attributes from the Creating a hotlist or Creating a permit wizard, skip ahead to Step 3.
- Click , and select the permit to configure.
- Click , and select the hotlist to configure.
- Click the Properties tab.
Under the Attributes section, do one of the following:
- To configure a default attribute, select it in the list, and click Edit the item ().
- To add a new attribute, click Add an item ().
If you are adding a new attribute, type a Name for the
The name can contain spaces.
If you want to use a default value for the field, type in the
The default value is interpreted differently depending on whether delimiters are used or not.
- If delimiters are used and you add a default value for this field, the populated field in the source file is overwritten.
- If delimiters are not used and the field is empty in the source file, the default value you add here is used for the field. However, if the field is populated in the source file, it will not be overwritten.
If you are adding a new attribute and it is mandatory in the source file, turn on the
Is mandatory option.
If you add a mandatory attribute called CarColor, the column for CarColor in the source file must have text in it.
- To show additional attribute fields, click .
If the source file uses fixed length data fields instead of delimiters, switch the
Fixed length option to ON, set the
Start character position of the attribute in the file, and its
The position of the first character in the source file is zero (0).
If the field contains a date or time value in the source file, specify a
All standard date and time format strings used in Windows are accepted. If nothing is specified, the default time format is “yyyy-MM-dd”.
If you want to transform the values read from the data file, click Add an
item () under
Translate, select a From and To
value, and click OK.
In the following example, the new field is CarColor and B will be translated to Blue and W will be translated to White.
- Click OK.
To delete an attribute that you are not using in the source file, select it in the
list, and click Delete ().
If the permits on your list don’t expire, you can delete the ExpiryDate attribute.
The attribute fields from your hotlist and permit list source text files should now match the attributes in the entity’s Properties tab. Genetec Patroller™ can now download the information from the list.
MyPermit;QC;DEF228;2012-01-31;2012-05-31;PermitID_1 MyPermit;QC;345ABG;2012-01-31;2012-07-25;PermitID_2 MyPermit;QC;067MMK;2012-03-31;2012-09-11;PermitID_1 MyPermit;QC;244KVF;2012-01-31;2012-03-31;PermitID_3