To quickly navigate between maps, you can designate two or more maps as floors of the same building.
Before you begin
What you should know
Each floor is linked to all other floors in the same building. You can navigate between floor maps by pressing the button for the floor you want to see. If an area is included in multiple buildings, like a shared parking lot, then the floor controls can be used to navigate between buildings.
If the floor maps are georeferenced, the map view stays on the same part of the map when navigating between floors. Press and hold the Ctrl key while changing floors to restore the default view.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Map designer task.
Open a floor map by selecting one of the recent maps or clicking Browse all
NOTE: The areas attached to connected floor maps must have the same parent.
Open the Floors dialog box in one of the following ways:
- Click .
- In the Map designer toolbar, click the Floors () button.
- Click the overlaid Edit floors () button.
- Select two or more check boxes to designate maps as floors of the parent area. Each floor has a configurable abbreviation to represent the map on the floor controls.
- If needed, use the arrows () to reorder the floors. Floors are presented in this order in the floor controls.
- Click OK.