After you have created a parking facility in Security Center, you must define the facility for your parking scenario by creating sectors and rows for the license plate collection route.
Before you begin
What you should know
The parking space of a parking facility is divided into sectors (or levels in the case of a parking garage) for ease of reference. Each sector contains x number of rows, and each row contains x number of spaces. You can configure Genetec Patroller™ to trigger an alarm (sound or warning message) if the reads collected during your sweep of a row exceed the space count for that row.
- From the Config Tool home page, click , and select the facility you want to configure.
- Click the Properties tab.
From the ALPR Manager drop-down list, select the ALPR Manager that
will create and manage the license plate inventory for the selected parking
Only offloads from MLPI patrol vehicles managed by the same ALPR Manager are used to build the inventory for this parking facility. An MLPI Genetec Patroller™ offload can include the vehicle inventory for multiple parking facilities, but only the reads tagged for this parking facility are used to build the inventory.
Under Configuration, click Create () to add a new sector.
The parking space of a parking facility is divided into sectors (or levels in the case of a parking garage) for ease of reference. Each sector contains x number of rows.
- Enter the Name of the sector (or level if you have a parking garage).
- Enter the Number of rows in the sector.
The sector you created appears under the Configuration and Route sections.
To add rows to a sector, do the following:
Under Configuration, mouseover the sector name, and then
click the Create ().
- Enter the Number of rows to add, and then click .
- Under Configuration, mouseover the sector name, and then click the Create ().
(Optional) To rename a sector, do the following:
- Under Configuration, click the sector name you want to rename, and then click Edit ().
- Enter the new name, and then click .
- (Optional) To delete a sector, click the sector name you want to delete under Configuration, and then click the Delete () > Apply.
- To change the order of sectors and rows in the route, click the up ()and down () arrows under Route.
After you finish
You must set the Read retention period of the ALPR Manager according to the period of time you want to keep your license plate inventories in the database. The default retention period is 90 days.