You can configure video watermarking for specific users and user groups. When enabled, all video requested by those users through Config Tool, Security Desk, and Web Client includes identifying text.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the User management task.
- Select the user or user group to configure, and click the Advanced tab.
Under Security, set Enable video
watermarking to ON.
You must switch Inherit from parent to Override to change this setting.The Configure button is displayed.
The Video watermarking overlay dialog box opens.
Set up the video watermark as required and click Save.
NOTE: The preview screen shows how the watermark will look on the video stream.
- Select Username, Workstation, or Camera name to add that information to the watermark. At least one detail must be selected.
- Select Single for a single watermark, or Mosaic to repeat the watermark text.
- Position (Single type only)
- Select the location of the watermark text on the video.
- Orientation (Mosaic type only)
- Select Horizontal or Diagonal to set the orientation of the watermark text
- Set the opacity of the watermark text. 100% is completely opaque.
- Set the size of the watermark text. To ensure a consistent look, text size is independent of the video resolution.
- Click Apply.