To monitor input devices and use them to trigger events for virtual zones in Security Center, you must decide how the zone state is evaluated, which events are triggered based on the inputs associated with the zone, and when the zone is armed.
To arm the zone on a schedule, a schedule must already be created.
Before you begin
A virtual zone can be armed at any time by a Security Desk operator, or by the Arm zone action. Arming schedules is optional and is only necessary if you want the zone to be armed automatically at a certain time. An armed virtual zone can be disarmed at any time by a Security Desk user, or by the Disarm zone action triggered by an event.
What you should know
- Open the Area view task.
- Select the virtual zone to configure, and click the Properties tab.
Under the Inputs list, click Add an item
(), select the inputs that will determine the state of
the zone, and click Select.
Tip: Hold Ctrl or Shift to select multiple inputs.
Turn the Operator switch to the desired position.
If you select the AND operator, the zone is considered to be in a Active state when all selected inputs are in the Active state. If you select the OR operator, the zone is considered to be in a Active state if one of the selected inputs is in the Active state.
- Combine the input states with the logical AND operator.
- (Default) Combine the input states with the logical OR operator
In the Associated events section, select which events to trigger
when the zone state changes, from the following drop-down lists:
These events are only triggered when the zone is armed. Select None if a zone state should be ignored.
- When the combination of inputs yields a zero (0).
- When the combination of inputs yields a one (1).
- Requires to have at least one supervised input. The zone is in the Trouble state when at least one of the input is in the Trouble state. The Trouble state supersedes all other states.
- Enter in Reactivation threshold, how many milliseconds must pass before the event associated to the zone state can be re-triggered, and click Apply.
- Click the Arming tab, and configure how the zone is armed.
- Under the Arming source section, click Add an item (), select a predefined schedule for when the zone is armed, and click Select.
(Optional) To give people more time to leave a zone they just armed, or disarm a zone
they entered, turn the following options ON:
- Arming delay
- Duration (mm:ss) you want between the time the zone is armed and the time the event triggers become active.
- Entry delay
- Duration (mm:ss) you want between the time the entry sensor is tripped and the time the events are triggered. This option allows you to disarm the zone before triggering the output relays.
- Click Apply.
After you finish
- Test your zone by verifying that the generated events show up in the Zone activities report in Security Desk.
- For each associated event configured for this zone, create event-to-actions to trigger the desired output relays to complete the I/O linking configuration.