Before you to can follow an individual through a facility, you must create links between your cameras so you can easily switch to those video streams.
- Open the Area view task.
- Select a camera and click .
Create shapes on the video image:
We suggest color-coding your shapes for different objects on your system, such as exit cameras in red, PTZ cameras in green, and so on.Tip: If you like the dimensions of your shape, you can copy and paste the shape to use it again. You can also copy the shape and use it for another camera.
- Select the Rectangle () or Ellipse () drawing tool and draw a shape.
- Resize, reposition, and rotate the shape using your mouse or using the Size and position fields.
- Set a color, opacity, border color, and border thickness for the shape.
Link cameras to each shape:
- Select a shape and click Entities () in the toolbar.
Drag a camera from the area view onto the shape.
The camera name is listed in the Links section. If you link multiple cameras to a shape, Security Desk users must select which camera to jump to.
- Click Apply.
Watch this video to learn more.