Before you can create maps based on OpenStreetMap or other tile data, you must set up a custom map provider and connect Map Manager to a GIS that supports a specific URL format.
Map Manager supports Tile Map Service (TMS) servers, like those provided by the OpenStreetMap Foundation, that deliver content on URLs with a zoom factor, X position, and Y position. The format and supported elements are described in the URL format for web tile servers. When using a TMS server, you can define the boundaries and scale of the tiled map that you need.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
- Select the Map Manager role, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Map providers section, click Add an item ().
- In the Map providers dialog box, select Custom * from the Provider drop-down list.
- In the Name field, type a name for the map provider.
- In the Address field, type the URL of the TMS server.
If required, click Show advanced options and configure
- Set the Maximum zoom level supported by the map to a level between 1 - 25. The default is 17.
- If the server requires authentication, set Use authentication to ON, and then enter the username and password.
If you entered a valid URL, the map appears.
- Click .