Before you can create maps using the ESRI map provider, you must set up the map provider and connect the Map Manager to an ArcGIS server.
Before you begin
- Acquire a valid Basic or Standard ERSI license, and know your client ID.
- If you have a Standard ESRI license, know your license code. Contact ESRI to acquire your license code.
- From the ESRI ArcGIS web site, download and install the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET version 10.2.X on all workstations that will access or modify the map.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
- Select the Map Manager role, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Map providers section, click Add an item ().
- In the Map providers dialog box, select ESRI from the Provider drop-down list.
- In the Client ID field, type the client ID of your ESRI license.
If you have a Standard ESRI license, click Show advanced
options and enter the following information:
- In the License code field, type the license code provided by ESRI.
- If you are using local server extensions to add functionality, type the local server extension licenses in the License parameters field.
If you entered the correct information, the license status changes to Valid.
Add an ESRI ArcGIS server:
- In the Map providers dialog box, click Add an item ().
- In the Add server dialog box, type the Name of the ArcGIS server.
In the Server URL field, type the URL of the
Use one of the following URL formats, depending on the type of server you are using:
- Web portal server: https://<PortalName>.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/rest
- Online map server: http://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/<MapName>/MapServer
- Online or on-premise server: http://<ServerName>:<PortNumber>/arcgis/rest/services
- If the server requires authentication, set the Use authentication option to ON, and then type the username and password.
- Click Add.
- As needed, add additional ArcGIS servers to view more layers on your map.
- Click .