To replace your existing main server or to start a new system, you can convert an expansion server into the main server.
Before you begin
What you should know
You convert an expansion server to a main server by activating the Directory role on your server using Server Admin.
- Log on to Server Admin on your computer using a web browser.
From the server list, select the expansion server you want to convert.
The Server Admin - Expansion server page is displayed.
- Beside the server name, click .
In the confirmation dialog box that appears, click
The Genetec™ Server service restarts. You are temporarily logged off from Server Admin.
Open a web browser, and enter
http://machine/Genetecin the address bar, where
machineis the DNS name or the IP address of your server.
Log on again to Server
The Server Admin - Overview page is displayed.
- Activate the software license on the new main server.
If you are replacing an old main server, configure the database settings on the Server Admin - Main server page so that
this server connects to your existing Directory database.
This operation forces the expansion server (promoted to main server) to take on the identity of the old main server. This means that if there were roles hosted on the expansion server before, they must be moved to the new main server, because the ID of the expansion server has changed.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Network view task.
- In the network view, if you see an offline copy of the expansion server you just converted (), delete it.