When you have many similar entities to configure, you can save time by copying the settings of one entity to others of the same type using the Copy configuration tool.
If you are copying camera settings, make sure the source and destination cameras are of the same brand and model so their settings are compatible.
Before you begin
The Copy configuration tool does not work on federated entities, except on cameras. However, not all settings are copied for federated cameras.
What you should know
- When copying the Network settings, only theConnection type and UDP port are copied. The Multicast address is not copied.
- When copying from or to federated cameras, the following categories of settings are not copied: Actions, Camera integrity monitor, Encryption, Privacy protection, PTZ, Visual tracking.
Open the Copy configuration tool one of the following
- From the Config Tool home page, click .
- From the Config Tool, right-click an entity in any entity tree, and then click .
- Select an entity type, and click Next.
- In the Source page, select which entity you want to copy the settings from, and click Next.
In the Options page, select the types of settings you want to
copy, and click Next.
To know which options are available for each entity type, see the following list.
- In the Destinations page, select the entities you want to copy the settings to, and click Next.
- When the copying process is completed, click Close.
If you copied camera settings, test the settings that are dependent on camera location (for example, motion detection or color) on the camera you copied the configuration to. You might have to adjust the settings, depending on whether the camera is inside or outside, in a busy or quiet location, and so on.