To create a set of video archives apart from those managed by the Archiver role, you must create an Auxiliary Archiver.
What you should know
The Auxiliary Archiver role is not created by default; it must be created manually.
NOTE: After you create the Auxiliary Archiver, you should not move the role to a different server unless both the database and the video storage are configured on a separate machine.
- Open the System task, and click the Roles view.
- Click Add an entity () > Auxiliary Archiver.
In the Specific info page, do the following:
- (If you have multiple servers in your system) From the Server drop-down list, select the server where this role will be hosted
Enter the Database server name for the video archive
A default database server, called (local)\SQLEXPRESS, is installed on every computer where the Genetec™ Server service is installed. You can use it or use another database server on your network.
Enter the Database name of the video archive database.
CAUTION:The default name is AuxiliaryArchiver. If the selected server is already hosting another instance of Auxiliary Archiver, you must choose a different name. Otherwise, the new role will corrupt the existing database.Tip: You should use a different database name for every instance of Auxiliary Archiver regardless of whether there is a conflict or not, to avoid confusion.
- Click Next.
- In the Basic information page, enter a name and description for the role.
Select a Partition this role is a member of, and click
Partitions determine which Security Center users have access to this entity. Only users who have been granted access to the partition can see the Auxiliary Archiver role.
.A new Auxiliary Archiver role () is created. Wait a few seconds for the role to create the database on the selected database server.
Select the Resources tab, and configure the server and database
for this Auxiliary Archiver.
NOTE: Every newly created Auxiliary Archiver is assigned the default value of 558 for its RTSP port. This port value must be unique for all archiving roles hosted on the same machine.
- Configure the archive storage settings.
- Click the Camera recording tab, and configure the default recording settings for all cameras recorded by this Auxiliary Archiver. See Configuring camera recording settings for an Auxiliary Archiver.
- Click the Cameras tab, and select the cameras you want to archive.