You can create customized license plate attributes and categories to appear in Genetec Patroller™. Patrol vehicle operators can select from these attributes when adding a New wanted license plate.
What you should know
- If a patrol vehicle has a wireless connection, updated hotlists can be automatically
pushed to Genetec
Patroller™. If, however the vehicle does
not have a wireless connection, the operator can still manually add a license plate to a
local hotlist by creating a New wanted license plate entry. In Security Center, you can configure attributes and
categories that are visible to the operator when creates a New wanted entry.
- New wanted attributes
- Attributes other than the standard ones (plate number, plate issuing state, category) that a Genetec Patroller™ user is asked to specify when entering a new wanted item in the Genetec Patroller™. One category is pre-configured for you when you install Security Center.
- New wanted categories
- List of categories that a Genetec
can pick from when entering a new wanted item. The category is the attribute that
says why a license plate number is wanted in a hotlist. Several categories are
pre-configured for you when you install Security Center.NOTE: BOLO is an acronym for “Be On The Lookout”, sometimes referred to as an all-points bulletin (APB).
- New wanted categories and attributes are applied at the Directory level, which means that all the ALPR Managers in your system will share the same settings.
- From the Config Tool home page, click .
Add New wanted attributes or New wanted categories
In this example, we've added the Attribute: Vehicle make and the Category: VIP.
- Click Apply.
The new attribute and category are uploaded to Genetec Patroller™ the next time it is connected to Security Center.
When the operator adds a New wanted license plate, the new the Vehicle make field and the VIP category selection are available.