When the doors and access control units are physically wired, you can create and configure the door entity in Config Tool.
Before you begin
Wire your doors to access the control units.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the area where you want to add the door.
- Click .
- In the Creating a door wizard, enter the door name and description.
- From the Location drop-down list, select the area in which the door will be created, and click Next.
In the Door information page, assign names to the door
In/Out, Secure/Non-secure, Entrance/Exit, East/West.
Associate the door with the access control unit it is wired to:
NOTE: Security Center includes templates for most popular configurations; you can also create custom templates using the Security Center SDK.
- From the Access control unit drop-down list, select a unit.
- From the Interface module drop-down list, select an interface module.
- (Optional) from the Door template list, select a template.
- Click Next.
Review the Summary page, and click .
The new door appears in the area view’s entity tree.
- Select the door and click the Properties tab.
- Configure the general access control behavior of the door.
- Click Apply.
- Describe the wiring between the access control unit and the door to Security Center.
- Select who has access to the door.
Link the door to the areas it secures.