When an operator chooses to accept or reject a license plate hit, in addition to the pre-defined reasons that the operator can choose from, you can also define custom hit accept or hit reject reasons that can be selected by the operator.
What you should know
- Hit reject reasons
- List of reasons for rejecting hotlist hits. These values also become available as Reject reason filter options for generating hit reports in Security Desk. Several categories are pre-configured for you when you install Security Center.
- Hit accept reasons
- A form that contains a list of questions that Genetec Patroller™ users must answer when they accept a hit. The information from the hit form can be queried in the Security Desk Hit report. There are no pre-configured categories.
- The settings are downloaded along with the selected hotlists and permit lists to Genetec Patroller™ when the operator logs on.
- Hit reject and accept reasons are applied at the Directory level, which means that all the ALPR Managers in your system share the same settings.
- The attributes you create are also available as filter options for hit reports in Security Desk.
- From the Config Tool home page, click .
- Add Hit accept reasons or Hit reject reasons as needed.
- Click Apply.
The new hit accept and reject reasons are downloaded to Genetec Patroller™ the next time it is connected to Security Center.