To use permit entities in Security Center, you must create the permit, map it to its source text file, and configure it for your enforcement scenario.
What you should know
If you are using University Parking Enforcement, you must also apply restrictions to permits to create an enforcement rule.
From the Config
Tool home page, click , then click Permit ().
The Creating a permit wizard opens.
On the Basic information page, in the Entity
name field, type a name for the permit.
This name appears in Genetec Patroller™ on the permit selection page.IMPORTANT: The permit entity name must match the Category field from the permit list source file.
(Optional) In the Entity description field, enter a description
for the new permit, and click Next.
This field does not appear in Genetec Patroller™.
Enter the Path on the computer where the source file for the
permit list is located.
If you start typing a path to a network drive, the Username and Password fields appear and you’ll need to type the username and password to access the network drive.
If the attribute fields in the source text file vary in length, switch the
Use delimiters option to ON, and enter the
type of character (delimiter) used to separate each field.
By default, Use delimiters is set to ON, and the delimiter specified is a semi-colon (;). If your source text file is made up of fixed length fields, set Use delimiters to Off . Security Center supports the following delimiters:
IMPORTANT: If your source list file uses Tab as a delimiter, only use one Tab space. Do not use more than one Tab space to align columns in your file, or Security Center might not be able to parse the permit list.NOTE: The maximum number of entries is 1.8 million when using Genetec Patroller™ in 64-bit mode. Adding more entries causes the system to respond slowly.
- Colon (:)
- Comma (,)
- Semi-colon (;)
- Tab (type “Tab”)
(Optional) If you don't want users to be allowed to edit this permit in Security
Desk, turn off Visible in
NOTE: To edit a permit in Security Desk, users must have the Hotlist and permit editor privilege.
- Configure the permit Attributes and click Next. See Configuring hotlist and permit attributes.
On the ALPR Manager assignment page, choose one of the following,
then click Next.
- All ALPR Managers. All ALPR Managers and any entities
configured to inherit permits from them will synchronize the new permit.NOTE: Future ALPR Managers will not automatically synchronize the new permit.
- Specific ALPR Managers. Only the selected ALPR Managers and
the entities that inherit permits from them will synchronize the new
permit.NOTE: Entities created in the future that are configured to inherit permits from one of the selected ALPR Managers will also synchronize the permit.
- Assign later. No existing ALPR Managers and associated entities will synchronize the new permit. For more information on how to assign a permit to an ALPR Manager, see Selecting which hotlists and permits a patrol vehicle monitors.
- All ALPR Managers. All ALPR Managers and any entities configured to inherit permits from them will synchronize the new permit.
- In the Unit specific assignment page, select the specific patrol vehicles and/or Sharp cameras that will synchronize the new permit, and click Next.
(Optional) If you have custom fields in your permit, enter the appropriate values on
the Custom fields page and click Next.
NOTE: The Custom fields page only appears if there are custom fields in your hotlist.
- In the Creation summary window, check to see that your permit information is correct and click Next.
- In the Entity creation outcome window, you will receive a notification whether or not your operation is successful.
(Optional) Choose one of the following:
- Edit this permit. Opens the Hotlist and permit
editor task so you can edit the permit.NOTE: To edit a permit, you must have the Hotlist and permit editor privilege.
- Create a permit based on this permit: Create a new permit that uses the same settings as the permit you just created. You only need to specify the Entity name, Entity description, and Permit path.
- Edit this permit. Opens the Hotlist and permit editor task so you can edit the permit.
- Click Close.
The permit entity is configured and enabled in Security Center.