To divide your system into smaller, manageable parts, and hide some of those parts from certain users, you can create partitions.
The first partition you create is always added to the root partition. Subsequent partitions you create are added to the partition you select in the entity tree. If none are selected, the system will ask you to specify under which partition you want to create the new partition.
What you should know
From the Config
Tool home page, do one of
- Open the User management task, click Add an entity (), and then click Partition.
- Open any administration task, click More () beside the Add () button, and then click Partition. , or click
If a partition is selected in the entity tree before you click
Add, then the new partition is immediately created under the
- Enter the name of the New partition.
- In the Identity tab, enter the partition description.
If no partition was selected in the entity tree before you click
Add, then the Create partition wizard
The new partition is created.
- On the Basic information page, enter the name and description of the new partition.
- From the Partition drop-down list, select the parent partition that this new partition should belong to.
- If you already have entities ready to be added to the new partition, add them now.
- If users and user groups are already created in your system, grant access rights for the new partition to those who need it.
The partition is created. New entities that you create can be added directly into the partition.