To group users who share common properties and privileges, you can create user groups.
What you should know
You can also import user groups from your corporate directory service.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the User management task.
- Click Add an entity (), then click User group ().
- In the User group information page, enter a name and description for the user group.
From the User group drop-down list, select the parent group for
the new user group.
The user group automatically inherits the properties of its parent user group.NOTE: Concerning the user group's partition membership:
- If you select Unassigned, the new user group will be added to the root partition.
- If you select a parent user group, the new user group will be added to the same partition that the parent user group belongs to.
To grant the user group a predefined set of privileges, select a Privilege
template from the drop-down list.
NOTE: If you are unsure of what privileges the user group needs, you can postpone this decision to later. The privilege template can be applied at any time.
- Click Next.
- (Only if partitions are in use) In the Access rights page, select the partitions for which access rights are to be granted to this user group.
- Click Next.
- In the Creation summary page, verify that both the partition the user group belongs to and the ones the user group is authorized to access are as you intended.
.The new user group is created.
- (Optional) Make this user group a subordinate of another user group.