To integrate a variety of access control capabilities and provide end-to-end IP connectivity, you can deploy your access control system once the pre-configuration steps are completed.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Use the Admin account on Config Tool to connect to your system.
Create a partition for each
independent group of entities.
By defining the partitions first, you will not have to move entities around after you have created them.
- To organize the entities in your system (areas, doors, and so on), configure the area view.
- Configure the system-wide settings for access control.
- Configure the Access Manager roles.
- Define custom fields for your system entities.
Discover and enroll access control
The Access Manager role needs to detect the door controllers over the IP network.
- Configure the newly enrolled access control units and the interface modules that are attached to them.
- Create doors and configure the wiring of the readers, sensors, locks, and so on to the access control units.
- Create elevators and configure the wiring of the cabin reader and floor buttons to the access control units.
- Create schedules, such as open and closed hours, holidays, and so on.
- Create access rules and link the rules to doors and schedules.
- Transform the areas in the area view into secured areas with access rules, perimeter doors, and advanced access control behaviors.
- Create cardholder groups and create cardholders, and then link them to the access rules.
- Create badge templates.
- Create credentials.
- Create user groups and create users.
- Create alarms.
- Create threat levels.
This video shows you how to set up your Synergis™ access control system in Config Tool. A Mercury controller is used as an example, but the rest of the configuration applies to all manufacturers.
To learn how to add a different controller, see the Synergis™ Softwire Integration Guide.