To avoid a bottleneck on the Archiver or Auxiliary Archiver due to disk throughput, you can enable the role to write simultaneously to multiple disks.
What you should know
The Archiver and Auxiliary Archiver roles can write to multiple disks by spreading the video archive over several disk groups. Each disk group must correspond to a separate disk controller. By splitting the video archive from different cameras over different disk groups, you can maximize throughput in terms of disk access.
Nothing prevents other applications from using the disk space set aside for the Archiver or Auxiliary Archiver, so it is recommended to assign a disk that is not shared with other applications to these roles. In cases where multiple Archivers share the same server, use a separate disk for each.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- Select the Archiver role, and click the Resources tab.
- To create a disk group, click Add group ().
- In the Disk group column, click New disk group and type a name for the group.
- Click Camera distribution ().
- In the Camera distribution dialog box, divide the cameras between the disk groups by selecting them one at a time and moving them with the arrow buttons.
- Click .