By default, Security Center suppresses events from camera and video units while the devices are in maintenance mode. If you want related event-to-actions to continue to work when the devices are in maintenance mode, you can turn off the event suppression by modifying a configuration file.
What you should know
- When a camera is in maintenance mode, camera events, for example, recording started or signal lost are not generated. When a video unit is in maintenance mode, events associated with the video unit or with cameras connected to the video unit are not generated, for example, unit lost or input state changed. If no events are generated, related event-to-actions are effectively disabled.
- The settings in the Archiver.gconfig file apply to all Archiver roles that are hosted on the server.
- You must perform the following steps on every server that hosts an Archiver role.
- Open Server Admin using a web browser, and log on.
IMPORTANT: If the Archiver.gconfig file already exists, make a backup copy before generating a new file. The new Archiver.gconfig file contains the default Archiver settings, and overwrites the existing file. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.x\ConfigurationFiles\
- From the Servers section on the Overview page, select the Archiver role server.
- Next to the server name, click .
- Click the Commands tab.
Expand Archiver Role commands, then click
- Open the server's ConfigurationFiles folder at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.x\ConfigurationFiles.
- Open the Archiver.gconfig file using a text editor.
- Locate the suppressUnitEventsInMaintenanceMode setting and set the value to false.
- Save the file.
- Restart the Archiver role by restarting the service or by disabling and enabling the Archiver role.
- Repeat the procedure for other servers that host an Archiver role, as required.