To protect the privacy of your data, you can enable fusion stream encryption either on the Archiver role or on individual cameras.
Before you begin
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
Do one of the following:
- To enable encryption on the Archiver, select the Archiver role to configure, and click the Camera default settings tab.
- To enable encryption on a camera, select the camera to configure, click the Recording tab, and then click Custom settings.
- Click Show advanced settings and set the Encryption slider to ON.
click Add an item ().
The Select certificate dialog box opens.
- If the encryption certificates are installed on your local computer, select them from the Installed certificates list, and click OK.
encryption certificates are not installed on your local computer, find and install
- Select Browse certificate file.
- Click the browse icon
() and navigate to the folder where
the certificates files are saved.
The browser looks for X.509 Certificates files by default. If you do not find the files you want, look for Personal Information Exchange files instead.
- Select the certificates you want, and click Open.
- If the certificate file is password-protected, click the advanced show icon () and enter the password.
- (Optional) Click Validate file to make sure the selected file contains a public key.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.