In an AutoVu™ Free-Flow parking system, to use the same parking permit for more than one vehicle, you must enable shared permits in Security Center.
What you should know
- When you enable shared permits, the configuration applies to all parking zones that are configured in Security Center.
- To use shared permits, the permits must come from a third-party parking permit provider using the Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin. You can define static permits for vehicles in Security Center, however these permits cannot be shared between vehicles.
- To use this feature, the Pay-by-Plate Sync permit provider must support shared permits.
- Start the Security Center Server Admin () application.
Enter the server password that you set during the server installation, and click
The Server Admin Overview page is displayed.
- Select your server from the Servers list.
- From the Actions drop-down list, select </> Console.
- Select the Commands tab.
- From the commands list, expand Parking management commands.
Click one of the following to run its associated command:
- Disable shared permit feature: Disabling this feature turns off the handling of shared permit hits. Vehicles with the same permit ID are not be placed in violation.
- Enable shared permit feature: Enabling this feature activates the handling of
shared permit hits in the parking zones posessing the same Pay-by-Plate
Sync permit entity. Vehicles with the same
permit ID are placed in violation.Tip: Running the Print module settings command displays the current status of several configurations, including the shared permit feature.