If you need many card credentials in your access control system, you can enroll multiple card credentials automatically by presenting them to a reader.
You must have access to a card reader. The cards you present must be of a predefined format in your system.
Before you begin
Ensure that this is the correct enrollment method you require.
All credentials you enroll must be new to your Security Center system. Any previously enrolled credential is discarded because the same credential cannot be enrolled twice in Security Center.
What you should know
For information about how to encode a credential on your card before enrolling it, see Assigning credentials.
- In the Credential management task, click Batch enrollment.
- Click the Automatic entry tab.
Select whether you want to present the card credentials to a local USB reader or
- Select RF IDeas USB reader or Omnikey USB reader from the list, connect a corresponding card reader to the local workstation, then click Refresh ().
- Select Door from the list, and then select a door entity as the Access point.
- In the Credential prefix section, enter the pattern for the enrolled credential names.
In the Credential status section, set the status, activation
date, and expiration date for the credentials:
- All possible values are accepted.
- Can be Never, or a specific date.
- Set an expiration for the credential:
- The credential never expires.
- Specific date
- The credential expires on a specific date and time.
- Set expiration on first use
- The credential expires after a specified number of days after the first use.
- When not used
- The credential expires when it has not been used for a specified number of days.
In the Advanced section, select the partition the enrolled
credentials belong to.
This field determines which users can view and modify the credentials.
- To add a partition, click Add ().
- To remove a partition, select the partition, and then click Remove ().
- From the Badge template list, select the default badge template used to represent the credential.
In the Custom fields section, set the default values for the
This section is only available if custom fields have been created for credentials.
Present the cards to the selected reader.
All presented cards are listed in the Generated credentials section. Any already enrolled credentials are discarded and marked as rejected in the list with a red button.
- To remove a discarded credential from the list, select it, and then click .
- Click Enroll.
Assign the credentials to your cardholders.