After changing the password on a number of units, we recommend that you export the new passwords to a CSV file as a safety measure.
You need the View/export video unit passwords privilege to perform this operation.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Hardware inventory task.
Set up the query filters for your report.
Choose one or more of the following filters:
- Select individual units or roles to investigate. Selecting a role is equivalent to selecting all units managed by that role.
- Source group
- Select the category of units (Access control, Intrusion detection, ALPR, or Video).
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
Click Generate report.
The selected units are listed in the report pane.
Click Export passwords.
The Export passwords dialog box opens.
Enter the following and click Export.
If all went well, you get a confirmation that a 7z file has been created.
- Destination file
- Location of the exported CSV file, compressed as a 7-Zip file.
- File password
- Password used to secure access to the compressed CSV file. Choose a strong password.
- User password
- Your Security Center password.
- Click the blue link in the message box and make sure that you can extract the CSV file using the File password you provided.
- Keep the password file and its password in a safe place.