To allow users to access the entities contained in a partition, you must grant access rights for that partition to the concerned users and user groups.
Access rights for partitions are governed by the following rules:
What you should know
- Access rights for partitions are inherited from parent user groups.
- Inherited access rights cannot be revoked.
- Access rights not granted to a user group can be granted to the members of the user group.
- Granting access rights for a partition to a user or user group also grants access rights for its child partitions to the same user or user group.
- Revoking access rights for a parent partition from a user or user group also revokes access rights for its child partitions from that user or user group, except when those access rights are inherited from parent user groups.
- Revoking access rights for a child partition from a user or user group does not revoke the access rights for its parent partition from that user or user group.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the User management task, select a user, and then click the Access rights tab.
Select the checkbox beside the partition you want to grant access rights for.
This action automatically grants access rights for all its child partitions as well.
- To revoke access rights for some of the child partitions, clear the checkbox beside the selected child partitions.
- Click Apply.
- If necessary, overwrite the basic privileges this user has over the partition.
- Click Apply.