Whenever a change is made to I/O linking on an HID unit, an internal task (called IOLinker) must be restarted in order to take the new configuration into consideration. When this happens, all output relays controlled by the unit are set to the Normal state for half a second before they return to their expected state. This behavior may cause temporary disruptions to the operation of your system.
The following actions applied to entities controlled by HID units may cause the output relays to reset:
- Overriding the unlock schedules of a door from Security Desk.
- Changing the unlock schedules assigned to a door.
- Changing the unlock schedule exceptions on a door.
- Configuring readers on a door that has unlock schedules assigned.
- Changing the Door held option of a door.
- Changing the Door forced option of a door.
- Changing the Interlock restrictions on an area using an HID controlled doors on its perimeter.
- Configuring exceptions to the floor operating schedules of an elevator.
- Configuring an event-to-action to trigger an output based on the inputs of a hardware zone controlled by the same HID unit.