Security Center is organized by tasks. All tasks can be customized and multiple tasks can be carried out simultaneously. You might not see all the tasks and commands described about Security Center, depending on your license options and user privileges. There are user privileges for each task, and for many commands in Security Center.
Tasks in the home page are organized into the following categories:
- (Config Tool only) Tasks used to create and configure the entities required to model your system.
- Tasks related to day-to-day Security Center operations.
- (Security Desk only) Tasks allowing you to query the Security Center database, and those of federated systems, for critical information.
- Tasks related to maintenance and troubleshooting.
Under each major category, the tasks are further divided as follows:
- Common tasks
- Tasks that are shared by all three Security Center software modules. These tasks are always available regardless of which modules are supported by your software license.
- Access control
- Tasks related to access control. Access control tasks are displayed with a red line under their icons. They are only available if Synergis™ is supported by your software license.
- Tasks related to automatic license plate recognition (ALPR). ALPR tasks are displayed with an orange line under their icons. They are only available if AutoVu™ is supported by your software license.
- Tasks related to video management. Video tasks are displayed with a green line under their icons. They are only available if Omnicast™ is supported by your software license.