On the I/O zone Properties tab, you can configure the inputs that define this zone, and the output relays that should be triggered, along with the desired output behavior, when the zone state be armed and active.
- Switch to ON to set the zone in maintenance mode. While in maintenance mode, the zone is disarmed and reverts to Normal state. No events are generated, and no output behaviors are triggered during this time, not even the Trouble event.
- Arming schedule
- Select the schedules corresponding to the periods when the zone is armed.
- Select the schedules corresponding to the periods when the zone is not armed. The exception schedules take precedence over the arming schedules.
- Master unit
- Shows the Synergis™ unit that is selected at the creation of the zone to do I/O linking. The I/O zone stops working if the master unit is down.
- Select the inputs that must be combined to evaluate the zone state. The inputs can
belong to different Synergis™ units, but all
units must be under the same Access Manager.IMPORTANT: If the inputs do not belong to the same Synergis™ unit, you must select the Enable peer to peer option in the Access Manager. Up to 15 Synergis™ units can be connected as peers.
- Select the output relays you want to send the configured output behavior to, when the
zone is armed and in the Active state. The zone can also be configured to trigger
the outputs when the zone is in the Trouble state, regardless whether the zone is
armed or not. The output relays can belong to different Synergis™ units, as long as the units are all under the
same Access Manager.IMPORTANT: If the output relays do not belong to the same Synergis™ unit, you must select the Enable peer to peer option in the Access Manager. Up to 15 Synergis™ units can be connected as peers.Best Practice: As much as possible, use the output relays on the master unit. This allows the I/O zone to continue to function when one or more slave units are down.
- Output behavior
- Select the output behavior to send to the output relays.
- Activate output on trouble when the zone is disarmed
- Select this option to always trigger the events and the output relays when the zone is in the Trouble state, regardless whether the zone is armed or not.
- Revert to
- Select the output behavior to send to the output relays when the zone returns to the Normal state.
- Associated events
- Events representing the zone states. Select None if a zone state should be ignored.
- Normal state
- When the combination of inputs yields a zero (0).
- Active state
- When the combination of inputs yields a one (1).
- Trouble state
- Requires to have at least one supervised input. The zone is in the Trouble state when at least one of the input is in the Trouble state. The Trouble state supersedes all other states.
- Reactivation threshold
- The time period during which the same event should not be re-triggered.