You can find out which entities and access points are affected by a given access rule, using the Access rule configuration report.
What you should know
In the report results, you can see the members of the access rule, such as the cardholders, doors, and the associated schedule. This helps you determine if you must add or remove entities, or adjust the schedule.
- Open the Access rule configuration task.
Set up the query filters for your report. Choose one or more of the
- Access rule
- Select the access rule to investigate.
- Cardholder status
- Select the cardholder status to investigate: Active; Expired; Inactive.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- In the Expand cardholder groups option, select Enable to list the members of the affected cardholder groups in the report instead of the cardholder groups themselves.
- In the Include perimeter entities option, select Enable to include the perimeter entities of the affected areas in the report.
Click Generate report.
The entities and access points affected by this access rule are listed in the report pane.