You can view all user activity related to video, access control, and ALPR, using the Activity trails report.
To receive results in the Activity trails report, you must already be monitoring user activity. You can select which activities to monitor and record in the database from the System task.
Before you begin
For example, you can use the Activity trails task to find out who played back which video recordings, who blocked a camera, who activated a threat level, who requested a credential badge to be printed, who used the Hotlist and permit editor task, or who enabled hotlist filtering.
What you should know
- From the home page, open the Activity trails task.
- In the Activities filter, select the user activity you want to investigate.
Set up the other query filters for the report. Choose from one or more of the
- Which client application was used for the activity.
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period or for global time units, such as the previous week or the previous month.
- Select the events of interest. The event types available depend on the task you are using.
- The entities that were impacted by this activity.
- User or role responsible for the activity.
Click Generate report.
The activity results are listed in the report pane.