You can link cameras to door entities, so that when an access control event is triggered at the door (door forced, access denied), it causes the camera’s video feed to be displayed in a Security Desk monitoring tile and to be recorded.
To monitor doors with cameras, you must have one of the following Security Center configurations:
Before you begin
- An Archiver role with available cameras.
- An Omnicast™ Federation™ role to connect to an external Omnicast™ system.
- A Security Center Federation™ role to connect to an external Security Center system with cameras.
What you should know
- If there are multiple cameras associated with a door, by default the cameras linked to side (A) of that door are displayed in a Security Desk tile. Multiple cameras associated with a single door (composite entities) can be cycled or unpacked in Security Desk.
- If a video file is not available, a video request returns the video file that is closest to the requested time stamp.
- If the playback video associated with an access control event is no longer available, the next available video recorded closest to the time of the event is displayed instead.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the door entity to configure, and click the Hardware tab.
- In the Door side (In) section, click Associate a camera ().
From the Camera drop-down list, select a camera.
If the camera has a PTZ motor, you can also include the PTZ preset number to ensure that the camera points towards the door.
- To add another camera to the door side, click Associate a camera () again.
- Repeat the steps for Door side (Out).
- Click Apply.