You can link cameras to elevator entities, so that when an access control event is triggered at the elevator (floor accessed, or access denied), it causes the camera’s video feed to be displayed in a Security Desk monitoring tile. The video recording automatically starts for the floor accessed event.
Before you begin
- An Archiver role with available cameras.
- An Omnicast™ Federation™ role to connect to an external Omnicast™ system.
- A Security Center Federation™ role to connect to an external Security Center system with cameras.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the elevator entity to configure, and click the Floors tab.
- In the Cabin section, click Associate a camera ().
From the Camera drop-down list, select a camera.
If the camera has a PTZ motor, you can also include the PTZ preset number to ensure that the camera points towards the elevator.
- To add another camera to the elevator, click Associate a camera () again.
To link a camera to each elevator floor:
- In the Floors section, select a floor and click Edit the item ().
- In the Floor properties dialog box, click Associate a camera ().
- From the Camera drop-down list, select a camera.
- Click OK.
- Repeat the steps for all elevator floors.
- Click Apply.