You configure the settings of the Map Manager role from the Roles view of the System task in Security Center Config Tool.
Map Manager - Properties tab
Click the Properties tab to change the default settings for this role, and configure the external resources managed by this role, such as the map providers and the KML objects.
- Map providers
- List of third-party map providers (GIS) that you are licensed to use.
- Map layers
- List of imported KML objects that can be displayed on any georeferenced map. Each KML object corresponds to a distinct map layer that the Security Desk users can choose to show or hide.
- Cache location
- The cache is a folder where the map tiles are stored. When you create maps from images files, the role generates a set of small images, called map tiles, for each zoom level at which you need to view the map. The larger the map scale, the more map tiles the role must generate. The default folder is C:\ProgramData\Security Center\Maps.
- HTTP port used by the Map Manager to communicate with client applications. (Default=8012).
- Default map
- The system default map, also known as the global default map, is used when a user has not configured a personalized default map. You can only set the global default map after creating your first map.
- Backward compatibility
- When switched ON after an upgrade, client applications from
Security Center 5.8 and earlier can continue
to download and show image maps.Best Practice: Switch Backward compatibility OFF after all client applications have been upgraded for enhanced security.
Map Manager - Resources tab
- Servers hosting this role.